Facts and figures
Persons in insurable employment on site
Service sector share
Purchasing power 2016
Trade Tax: 370 %
Tax A: 400 %
Tax B: 550 %
- is a well-known and outstanding location right in the heart of the economic region Rhine-Main
- can provide good references: prominent companies and key factors for their site selection, such as
- central situation in the Rhine-Main-area and in Europe
- regional and far-distance traffic connections
- local infrastructure
- is a centre in a densely populated area with excellent infrastructure including state-of-the-art public facilities and highly qualified staff.
- developes new areas for housing, commerce and industry
- places the focus of urban development on the conversion of the city and former industrial areas.
- invests in culture, recreation and sports: New City Hall Langen, arts and leisure centre "Altes Amtsgericht", the three swimming pools and recreational centres: Langener Waldsee, Freizeit- und Familienbad, Hallenbad
- invites on regular events: European Championship Ironman at Langener Waldsee, Fürstliches Gartenfest (gardening market around the Duke’s stately home Wolfsgarten) , the Cider Festival in the ancient town , Langener Markt (Sunday street market) or IGEVA commercial fair in the New City Hall Langen.
- By the way: A Bertelsmann Stiftung survey on middle-sized towns in Germany rated Langen among the 70 locations granted the title “economically strong towns and communities with a high concentration of job offers”. The evaluation attests Langen a stable significance as a workplace with a growing percentage of highly-qualified human resources.
Langen has been honored as Fairtrade Town in 2013. The title has been reconfirmed in 2015 for another period of four years.
Langen aquired the certification "Excellent place to live for specialists and executives" by the Chamber of Industry and Commerce in 2014.
Regarding structural figures (column on the right):
(1) Referring to empty space areas for industrial settlement probably available for construction within two years.